Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:11:03 +0100
Hi Andrew!

> I think I'll use the large size... but am open to
> opinions on that.

Aaargh! No way! While being all impressive and never
seen before on the VCS 'n bla, I'd assume that any
fighting game with sprites that big would just have to
suck per default!

I think they're limiting the left-right movement already
too much and you can't have them doing any good looking
jump attacks or salti.

I think they when standing, they should only be some
maybe 24 pixel wide. I'd use the full 48 pixel only when
they're doing some moves requiring it, like a
flick-flack or to display a K.O. sprite.

The sprites should be designed so that they still fit in
48 pixels when being turned 90° I think, otherwise some
moves will look very odd I fear...

You can still use the big scene as intro screen or so...
:-)

Greetings,
	Manuel