Re: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:43:51 +1100
> Well I guess he needs the same six bytes for each scanline that I need.
Multiply
> that with the height of the image and you know the ROM usage. My Clown was
> 72, Baboon 84 scanlines tall, that makes 432/504 bytes and the latest Sam
Fox
> should require 1152 bytes of ROM. Right Andrew?

Well, though I'm using 6 bytes per line ***PER RGB COMPONENT***, I only
*NEED* 5 bytes (40 bits).  I'm just in "experiment" mode at the moment, not
"efficiency" mode.  Let's say 5, though.   My images are 192 lines deep, so
that's 5 (bytes/line) x 3 (RGB planes) x 192 (lines) = 2880 bytes/screen.
Ouch!

Cheers

> > BTW: How much ROM are you using?  What about for your demos Thomas?
>
> Well I guess he needs the same six bytes for each scanline that I need.
Multiply
> that with the height of the image and you know the ROM usage. My Clown was
> 72, Baboon 84 scanlines tall, that makes 432/504 bytes and the latest Sam
Fox
> should require 1152 bytes of ROM. Right Andrew?
>
> But we can easily increase that number by using scanline optimised RGB
tripples
> (see Glenns suggestion and my previous post). :-)
>
> Have fun!
> Thomas
> Thomas Jentzsch | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
> tjentzsch at web dot de |

__