Re: [stella] Experiment in animation

Subject: Re: [stella] Experiment in animation
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:01:02 +1100
> Are you doing some kind of compression already?

The original matrix-based compression as used in the dancing baby.  A matrix
of 6 x 6 sprites, each being 8 x 16 pixels.  Each frame is 3 of these (RGB)
and there are 10 frames total in the animation.  I lifted it off some random
website, somewhere.

> And why do you still use the flickering algorithm here?

Because I still haven't figured how to optimise the draw to use the
colour-interlace yet.  :)  I have about 8 cycles/line free, give or take....
I know you did a version which did it - but I haven't got my hands on one
yet.  I will get there.... and then I'll probably need to change the utility
to generate pre-interlaced frame data, too.  I'm very keen to do it - I'm
just not there yet.  Since you've already shown it can be done, I've got
that on the backburner.  Care to share your code?

Cheers

PS: I've been playing with all sorts of frames.  Anyone with a good
animation to share, send me!  I'm looking for cartoon-style character - and
about 20 frames of animation.