Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #9

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #9
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:08:15 -0800
Were you testing on hardware, or emulators?

Actual hardware. Phosphor persistence can only do so much. The two levels of flicker going on, for my taste, are too much for my eyes to bear.

Your suggestion requires repositioning sprites on every line.  My system
can't do that;  I'll leave the challenge to you!

If I play around with bitmaps I'd work with the Suicide Mission mode (which only works with the Supercharger). That's pretty much uncharted territory. You can't get a completely opaque image using it, but it does fill the screen and might look better overall than using playfield.