Re: [stella] Native SECAM?

Subject: Re: [stella] Native SECAM?
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:20:33 +0100
> The reason I asked is that Interleaved Chronocolor (TM) works dandy under
> SECAM... as it has a very nice Red, Green and Blue to use as component
> colours... so I might make up a demo for you to have a look at, using just
> SECAM colours.  Talk about a niche market :)

Sure, if you send me a SECAM version of one of your demos,
I'll try it on my SECAM VCS with the cuttle cart for you.
I'm not sure how well it might work though. If I play
Space Invaders on the SECAM 2600, the stripled score
display doesn't work quite right. The digits in the odd
scanlines have a different colour than the digits in the
even scanlines, even though they should be the same.
One of the colours even seems to be one that isn't in
the SECAM VCS palette. I have no idea why this happens,
so it might be the fault of the stripled display.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg