Re: [stella] Shadow Keep (new game)

Subject: Re: [stella] Shadow Keep (new game)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:57:19 +0100
Mario wrote:
> This behaviour is by design ;) I intend to have a few places
> where you can come frustratingly close to something, but in
> reality you have to go around another way to reach it.

Hm, I don't think this is a good idea. IMO that's unfair and potentially
frustrating.

> I can't make the game too easy after all, one of my friends
> here claims already that it's too easy and "I could get through
> the whole game without taking any damage!" (This remains to
> be seen.)

How about adding another enemy (like a flying bat or a spider). Timing
one single enemy at a time is quite easy, but with two it get's complicated.

> The main problem with this is it gives the game a "black and
> white" feel while you're inside the castle. Since it's fantasy
> anyway, I thought I might get away with coloured bricks with
> variations in different parts of the castle.

How about dark rooms which are lightened by a torch (with some fire
lightning effect for the PF blocks)?

IMO the hero graphics look a bit cartonish now, is that intended? I would
like something more realistic with smooth animation e.g. like in Pitfall!

> Would people prefer more realistic gravity?

YES! I would like so see some at least semi-realistic gravity effects. Gravity
could be a little less than in reality, and maybe the maximum falling speed can
be limited, but it shouldn't be possible to change direction in air or jump around
corners.

This game remembers me a little bit at Prince of Persia (one of my C64 favourites),
so some trapdoors, climbing action and skeleton fighting would be nice. :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Wenn POP fur Sie mehr als nur Musik ist. Senden Sie Ihre SMS direkt aus
Outlook oder Netscape! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021177