Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:58:09 +0100
> intending to do this task.  Note, the license agreement on the code says
> that a subset of the source code cannot be distributed - I am assuming
that
> a superset is fine.  In which case, I'll probably make the code with
changes
> available to all once it's stabalised a little bit.

I suppose you are using the source code to version 2.12.4 with Olaf
Seibert's additions? Matt Dillon has version 2.15 on his website
at http://apollo.backplane.com/ . The only changes he seems to have
made since 2.12 were some compatibility fixes for various Unix
versions though, so it might be better to stick with with DASM
2.12.4. But you could contact Matt though his website and submit
your and Olaf's additions to the official version, or ask him
for permission to distribute yyour version on your own.

> ... any other requests?

It would be nice, if the INCBIN instruction could include only
parts of a binary. That would be halpfull for programming the 7800
with it's unusual graphics format.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg