Re: [stella] Z26 phosphor effect

Subject: Re: [stella] Z26 phosphor effect
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:34:47 +0100
> Anyone trying out the Z26 phosphor effect (-fN flag) will need to start up
> in a windowed screen mode.  There's a bug in Z26 where if you start in a
> full-screen mode, the blending doesn't work.  It's actually pretty cool
when
> you see the effect working :)
> Here's a command-line I use...   z26 -v11 -f99 GreetingCart.bin

Someday we need to learn how to write manuals that people
can actually understand. ;-)  z26 defaults to the faster
8 bpp modes.  If you want to use a full-screen mode with
the same colour depth as your desktop, you need to use video
modes -v20 to -v28.  In these modes the phosphor effect works
just as nicely as on the windowed modes.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg