[stella] DD progress (for PC4)

Subject: [stella] DD progress (for PC4)
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:04:24 -0800
Here is the version that will be demoed at PC4 barring any last minute fixes the list may be able to provide to me regarding problems I'm having with my game reset code.

The new features in this build are:

1) Simple 8-way car movement (no acceleration) in both forward and reverse gears (starts out in reverse)
2) Simple gremlin collisions. When you hit opposite-color gremlins, their X position is reset (i.e. gremlin dies, new one spawns) and point is awarded (currently delayed graphical update, have to move some code around).
3) Game state work, freeze cars and change bg color on game-over state. Load tombstones on boot, clear all tombstones on reset.

The problem with the reset code:

It falls into some kind of black hole where it never detects a reset condition and I'm not sure why. In my sourcecode I commented out the game state switchover to game over (.end_Game starting at line 937).

I could probably figure this out by step-debugging via PCAtariWin but I was hoping someone from the list could point out my error as I barely had enough time to squeeze in the features you see here due to renewed parental duties.

Any advice?