Re: [stella] Carefull! Don't Fall In!

Subject: Re: [stella] Carefull! Don't Fall In!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:00:36 -0400
Two more versions.

-smooth compensates for the fact that the increase in size of the rings are not lenear, resulting in slightly jerky motion in the original (the rings seemed to be moving faster when small and slower when large because the change in size when small is a lot greater). Looks a bit better (though I removed the pulsing so this is just a foreward motion effect) than the original

-dual gives the effect of having two rings onscreen at a time (along with the compensation in -smooth) for a pretty good effect. Any more than two rings actually hinders the effect as it gets too busy and too dififcult to track the "motion" of a ring (the extra flicker doesn't help..).

Maybe tomorrow I'll have a chance to work on horizontal and vertical movement...

Chris...