Re: [stella] How Not To Write A Programming Book

Subject: Re: [stella] How Not To Write A Programming Book
From: "Mark Graybill" <saundby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:18:24 -0700
Hehe, enjoyed the post, Chris.

Thanks for confirming my feelings on this book. I picked it up years ago and
scratched my head over it then. I'd already learned most of what I needed to
know about 6502 ML using KIM-1 docs and a Pet computer, but I tend to
accumulate books. This and a some other Compute books seemed to take the
approach of picking parts of a subject that the readers shouldn't bother
themselves about, presumably under the theory that if they were choosing to
read a Compute book on the subject then they couldn't be serious enough to
really dig in on the subject. ML is a difficult subject to do a "light"
treatment of. And it's a subject about which it's always dangerous to apply
casual characterizations like 'bug' and 'unnecessary'.

-Mark