[stella] Noisy VCS video - Solution

Subject: [stella] Noisy VCS video - Solution
From: David <davidgalloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
I would like to share a solution to a noisy video screen
I have been doing some 2600 coding and downloading to the real thing with my Cuttle Cart but I was having problems with a >lot< of noise on the video screen.

I had a couple of snap-on ferrite filters lying around so I put one on the cable from the VCS to the TV and one on the Cuttle Cart audio cable attached to the PC sound card.

This worked much better than I expected and I now have a crystal clear image (and less image roll) for developing!

 - David

For reference, I used TDK ZCAT2032-0930 which is 80 ohms at 50-500Mhz with a 9mm (little over 5/16") internal diameter. Fits cable ok (it's at home, so I can't check the clearance)

specs at:
<http://www.tdk.com.tw/ctl_pdf/ctl_1.1.pdf>

Picture of similar but smaller internal diameter.
<http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=14468+FL>

Also avail at DIGIKEY search for "ferrite core snap on"

DIGIKEY spec sheet on ferrites

<http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T032/0645.pdf>

Maybe this would work but it has 6.5 mm internal diameter.

<http://www.digikey.com/scripts/us/dksus.dll?Detail?Ref=75731&Row=310602>