Re: [stella] Latest Tank AI

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest Tank AI
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:53:45 +0200
Hi Zach!

I was just playing a little with Tank AI this morning, and here's a new
version.. nice timing :)

> It has occurred to me that no matter how much I improve the AI, the tank
> will never be competitive with a human being. As a result, I've introduced
> a handicap. You can select a starting score for the computer tank with the
> select button.

I think that some of the human player superiority vs CPU is partially due to
the current level design, that allows players to easily ambush the
computer-controlled tank. In a more open ground level, I have the feel that
such superiority could be leveled..
Instead, the CPU is pretty deadly once it has hit you once, since as soon as
the player respawns it's likely to get hit again and again.. maybe this
should be looked into! (stop the CPU from firing for a few seconds for
example).

Ciao!
Fabrizio.-