[stella] music.h / SID2TIA

Subject: [stella] music.h / SID2TIA
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:08:47 +0200
Hi there!

For my current project, a SID2TIA converter, I created a
music.h file today.

My intention was to give all notes understandable names,
so a human can manually tweak the output of the data the
conversion renders.

I made it compatible with Pauls driver (hopefully), so I
thought it might be usefull for other purposes as well.

Special things are:

SILENCE = 00
HOLD    = FF

But what happens with these specials mainly depends on
the driver implementation.

Status of the SID2TIA conversion:

- I have finished a first generic music driver on the
  VCS, which currently can play ~30 seconds of a
  converted SID tune. It works - I already have it
  playing "Ring of Fire". ;-)

- And I have written a tool that virtually runs a SID
  tune and dumps the SID registers after each player
  call. It does the calculation of the real frequencies
  the SID voices are fed with and it already generates
  DASM compatible include files with data.

--> Next step is assimilating Eckhards frequency guide
    content into the converter and try some
    frequency-mapping ;-)

Too bad I'm away for a week now, I almost made it to the
first results today...

Greetings,
	Manuel