Re: Aw: [stella] kernals for 48 pixel titles

Subject: Re: Aw: [stella] kernals for 48 pixel titles
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 3 Sep 2003 12:18:02 -0000
> Hi Kirk!
>
> > Well, surprise surprise, the timing is kicking my butt.
>
> Don't kill yourself re-inventing the wheel here. The 48 pixel routine is a trick. Either you know how it's done or not, this is nothing where you can sit down and *just* program.
>
> Query the archive or The Dig. There are plenty of examples.

Digging through Stella via Google, I found an analysis of
Defender's 6 digit routine, though the talk seemed to suggest
that at least one place the way it did things, there would
be a gap at one side of the final digit, not enough time to
fill it in.

The Dig only has Eckhard Stolberg's...
I thought maybe it was overkill, since it's movable,
but it seems to be an ok bet...
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199803/msg00201.html

Since Robin Habron got it independtly, I had a secret hope that it wasn't
as hard as it looked...
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199803/msg00123.html

Maybe I'll hack on Eckhard's work, then.

    Life's too short for sentences that begin "life's too short for..."
          --Slashdot