Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600

Subject: Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:16:33 -0400
On Friday 19 September 2003 13:14, Carlos Lopez wrote:
> > > http://www.mindspring.com/~2600onachip/
> > And he refuses to share the code with anyone.
> Right now, I'm in the middle of a negotiation that can
> lead to new products using my designs. I can't say
> more about that, neither release my TIA core at this
> moment (I wouldn't be allowed).

So more accurate would be "he refuses to share the code with
anyone who can't make him money."

Having gone through this situation with other software in the
past, I have to assume your TIA code will never be available in
a useful-to-the-hobbyist-community way, and the mere knowledge
you're working on it at all serves only to discourage those
who'd work on an unencumbered implementation.  I know VHDL about
as well as I know Mandarin, but I can't say I blame the fpga2600
developers for not continuing to wait.

Rob