Aw: Re: [stella] z-Axis Movement Programming Theory Sources?

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] z-Axis Movement Programming Theory Sources?
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:44:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi there!

> > BTW: Did you ever check out "Racquetball"? It looks
> > pretty similar to what you seem trying to achieve.

> I was going to suggest the same thing, though I was
> worried about sounding a discouraging note.
> http://atariage.com/screenshot_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=389

I don't think it's disencouraging. For one you can learn things by
studying others works and the you can always try to improve
things or giving it an interesting new twist. And the earlier you
know about parallel efforts, the better you can react to it.

> Then again, I'm even amazed at things like
> circular radar screens with a sweeping hand. Actually,
> in some ways I'm more amazed by that. How *do* you do
> something like that?

You mean the radar from Batlezone?

If you're *really* interested in how that works, I might go and
further reverse-engineer (that part of) Battlezone. :)

Greetings,
Manuel