Re: [stella] Give me one more cycle

Subject: Re: [stella] Give me one more cycle
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:06:55 +0100
Hi there!

> The last one was the use of an illegal opcode: ATX,
> wich saved me 2 cycles.

Oh, I just had to use LAX for the latest Seawolf kernel
as well. :-)

>Questions must be made: Do you thing speed is too high?
>Does the islands shape suck?

I think it looks still very impressive. The speed seems
ok, but one can better judge once it's getting playable.

> I downloaded DASM Version 2.20.07 from Andrew's site,
> why doesn't support illegal opcodes? (I tried ATX,
> DOP, TOP but in the end had to use the
> .byte #$XX syntax)

Oh, it does I think. Maybe the names/syntax is just
different? I don't know about ATX and TOP, but I think
it accepts "NOP 0" for DOP. I'm also using LAX and it
works.

As for your missing cycle:

...if you'd post the source... :-)

BTW: Are you per chance reading that portuguese 2600
Yahoo group? What's going on there? Any cool projects?
:-)

Greetings,
	Manuel