[stella] Removing the black line

Subject: [stella] Removing the black line
From: "Gonzalo Fernández" <horcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:38:34 -0300 (ART)
Hello.

The updates are:
Implemented the 2 byte fractional technique "for better translation to
PAL" (but doesn't look too well).
Very tight counting in kernel. I removed a sta WSYNC! It works in the
emulator at least. I needed those cycles to update the NUSIZ1 register.
And the last thing is: no more black line in the left. Yes, the HMOVE
doesn't cause the little line. Not by triggering it every scanline, not by
using the playfield as a mask but doing the sta HMOVE just before the
scanline ends (not following the WSYNC as the big book says). The only
side-effect is to change the horizontalPos values. I don't know if any
game is doing it. To me it is very scary.

--
Gonzalo Fernández.