Re: [stella] Depthcharge

Subject: Re: [stella] Depthcharge
From: "David Davies" <davidwyn.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:46:42 -0000
Hi Manuel,

> Hm... actually... the kernel I wrote for Seawolf could
> do Depthcharge as well I assume. Basically it's just
> Seawolf turned upside down, right?

Yup. I don't see why not. But as this is my first attempt at programming the
2600 I'm taking it one step at a time. Figured out how to change the colours
and draw the ship sprite - like I said, one step at a time. Next logical
step is to move it :-)

> Might give you a Jumpstart...

I might be picking your brains soon :-)

Once this is done then I might try my hand at a much more ambitious project
... Tempest. Yes, I know Atari tried to do a version for the 2600 but
seemingly failed (if my memory serves me correctly). From what I've seen of
the screenshots the programmers didn't think things through properly. I have
an idea as to how to make a decent conversion and to use the obvious Sprite
flicker that will happen with my technique to good use.

But that's for another day.

Regards,
David