[stella] Climber 5 bug found and stomped I hope :-)

Subject: [stella] Climber 5 bug found and stomped I hope :-)
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:07:52 -0500
Hi all,

> Now I have to track down where this little bugger is in the code.

I think I found the problem now. I'm having trouble reproducing it so it's
hard to tell.

In my collision routines I was reading CXM0P to check to see if the climber
had hit a girder. Then I'd store this value in the playerState flag. This
flag would be used during the next frames for sound and animation and the
such. Later I would check D7 of playerState to determine if the death scene
should happen. I would also check D6 to determine if the player retrieved
the ball (masked CXP1FB is used for that).

What I didn't count on was the climber being hit by a girder and falling
object at the same time. I wasn't masking the value from the CXM0P read so
D6 could've been set from this collision. Which made it look like the player
was hit (death animation and sound) but he retrieved the ball (go to the
next level).

I thought it had to do with the fire button but apparently not. Now I just
have to have the situation happen again to test for it.

Take care,
Dennis