Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:09:12 -0500 (EST)
Heh...you *know* I have to suggest buying a CyberTech Video Card from
Atari2600.com.  :P

If you want the best your 2600 can be, get that one.  You'll be glad.

The circuit you pointed to has a few problems.  One obvious problem is
the output impedance is not 75 ohms.  Easy to fix, but there are some
other problems that I won't go into now.  If you want to build one
yourself, build the circuit by Thomas Clancy.  It's available in the
2600 FAQ on AtariAge.  It will give you a nice reliable picture, though
it's not spec and can't be easily adjusted on the fly.

Building a daughtercard is a good idea.  It's much easier to build, and
safer for your 2600.  It's also easier to modify or repair a daughtercard
later.  And there's always the bonus of being able to revert to a stock
2600 if you need it.

-Chris