Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!

Subject: Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:18:45 -0500
>Are you sure? Both versions seem to display the same problem on my Supercharger. Which since the both run on z26 suggests a non-initilised variable or Immediate/Zero Page addressing swap.

Okay, I can achieve similar good/bad effects but with different NOP combinations.

I expect that what's going on is that you have a table or variable/constant that's accientally pointing to that area (around $f91d or so) and when it points at a NOP ($ea) this erroneous value is okay (ie: close enough to what it should be) that it still works but otherwise it's pointing a some value which is unacceptable. Or vice versa (a NOP is the bad value and the regular code is the good value).

Thought these might be it:

   1693  f561                  a5 20                  lda       BALL_FUDGE_SPEED
   1726  f57f                  a5 20                  lda       BALL_FUDGE_SPEED

But no such luck - They are an error though, right? Should be #BALL_FUDGE_SPEED?

Chris...

(I'm sure you realise it by now, but this is a very, very bad habit!!)