Re: [stella] Generic kernal or just build a game?

Subject: Re: [stella] Generic kernal or just build a game?
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:53:14 +0100
Hi there!

I often find myself shortening code in one part of my scanline routine only to add code to another part of the scanline.

That's how it's done, yes :-)

Plus, I haven't even thought about smart flicker.  Well, I've *thought*
about it, but don't know where to start.

Ah, ok. After working on it for a long time, I had the major breakthrough with discovering the magic of "Imperfect Sorting"[TM]. Simply put, just Y-Sort all objects with a simple Bubblesort, but don't loop it, just do one single iteration of the sort per frame. That's all it takes for any n overlapping objects on any region of the screen to get evenly distributed display time.

Greetings,
	Manuel