Re: [stella] Hm...

Subject: Re: [stella] Hm...
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 8 Apr 2004 14:51:58 -0000
> cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > Oh, wait a minute! One could very easily use the ball for the center
> > > stripe:
> >
> > Ok, that was nonsense. Please forget about it. :-)
>
> ...because the ball is the same color as the playfield, right?  I
> recall running into this same problem myself about 12 hours ago :)
>
> Of course, the missiles have colors distinct from the playfield...

HAHAHA....I'm *always* running into this issue when I'm thinking about
ways of pushing the boundaries of "# of things on a scanline"....usually
I'll come up with a seemingly clever idea, run with it, then ten minutes
later I'm like "wait...that won't work..." usually because of the color
or sometimes a flicker issue.  (Like making 4 indepentent block
Adventure guys... You can use 2 players and the ball (same as PF) and
a missile, but that missiles likely to be the same color as one of the
players.)

"If I can't be free, at least I'll be cheap"--some guy on the net