Re: Question about your VCS simulator [ Was Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.02 Released]

Subject: Re: Question about your VCS simulator [ Was Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.02 Released]
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:34:08 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Joseph Thompson wrote :
> How compatible is the code with the actual 6507/TIA?
>  It seems to be the
> closest thing to a full devkit anyone has done, and
> combined with your other
> tools intrigues me, but can the results eventually
> be converted into an
> actual cart or is it a horse of a completely
> different color?
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph Thompson

Well, the VCS Simulator is a PC program including a
dev library with a lot of functions that allow to
write easily games that have +/- the look and feel of
real VCS 2600 games but it remains a PC program, it's
not an emulator or something like that.

The games produced can't be converted to VCS 2600
cart. All the functions are wrote in 80486 machine
laguage, sorry.

Take care,
Chris