[stella] Assymetrical PF and Repositioning don't mix...

Subject: [stella] Assymetrical PF and Repositioning don't mix...
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi there!

Assuming I wanted to do an assymetrical PF, say a labyrinth for example and want to populate it with sprites using intelligent flicker, I don't stand a chance to do so, or?

The only solutions for this I can think of is either having "void" lines in the PF, or have the PF at least partially reflected/repeated, so that the repositioning can happen there.

Neither seem to be "perfect" solutions to me.

What games do you think are are doing this in "acceptable" ways?

The only two examples I can think of right now are "Dig Dug" for the void lines technique and "Venture" for the partial reflection.

Survey: Is there any other good examples of these techniques and how do you like those two approaches in general?

Greetings,
Manuel