Re: [stella] Math riddle : Loading TIM64T with 43 burns only 36 lines...Help

Subject: Re: [stella] Math riddle : Loading TIM64T with 43 burns only 36 lines...Help
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:19:04 +0200 (CEST)
Chris Wilkson wrote:

> At first glance I don't see anything wrong with it.

Me neither, that's why the problem drives me crazy.

> <TOTAL PARANOIA> Maybe your version of z26 isn't
> counting lines right?
> </PARANOIA>

LOL
Z26 works perfectly, if I don't use the TIM64T routine
but a basic 37 VBLANK scanlines loop like this :

       	LDX 37
Vertical_Blank
        STA WSYNC
        DEX
        BNE Vertical_Blank

everything is fine, z26 gives me my 262 scanlines.

> Trying inserting the following lines into your code
> before the frame loop:
>
> Setup_Playfield
>     LDA #$ff
>     STA PF0
>     LDA #$04
>     STA COLUPF

Nice idea ! very clever ;-)
I changed the color value (04 was too dark to count)
and run it (mode 6) : there's 39 scanlines drawn not
40... It seems there's really a problem.

Does anyone can explain this ?

Take care,
Chris