[stella] Seawolf Public Beta Release

Subject: [stella] Seawolf Public Beta Release
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:32:11 +0200
Hi there!

Actually I could as well have named this "Release Candidate", because as far as I'm concerned, it's finished!

Changes to the "Alpha" version are countless, I thing I changed, tweaked, added, fixed, tackled, rewrote some 50 different things...

Well, the highlights include but are not limited to:

- Every ~ 1000 points a refuel/recharge pod is launched.

- A difficulty ramp has been addded like this:
    - Speed increases until 20K points are reached
    - Carriers Ships are introduced at 2K points
    - Red Cross Ships are introduced at 4K points
    - Destroyers are introduced at 6K points
    - Mine speed increases at 8K points

- Destroyer difficulty is controlled via Diff switches:
     - Left toggles between slow and fast depth charges
     - Right toggles "allowed depth charge to torpedo rate"
       between 1:3 and 2:2

Any king of feedback is highly requested/encouraged. Just keep in mind that I'm low on all resources, so I'm more looking for bug reports than "cool stuff" (i.e. no day/night scenery, no planes dropping bombs, etc...)
But that also doesn't mean that I'd simply reject a really good idea...

Enjoy,
	Manuel