RE: [stella] More horizontal positioning finds

Subject: RE: [stella] More horizontal positioning finds
From: "Dennis Debro" <debrodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:11:38 -0400
Hi Manuel,

> Hm... they actually don't look similar to the "advanced" positioning to
> me.
> They do two loops and they're wasting 2 scanlines, just like the original
> Air-Sea-Battle did from the beginning.

True but it looks to be the start or spawning of the "advanced" technique.
They reduced the horizontal positioning significantly from Joe Decuir's
original routine used in Air-Sea Battle.

Looking at these it looks as if they could have very easily done these on a
scan line instead of pre-calculating the coarse loop count first.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I looked at Space Invaders briefly after your
post to AA and Rick Maurer does a routine similar to KABOOM!

Take care,
Dennis