Reflex: Online level editor

Subject: Reflex: Online level editor
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:17:03 -0500
http://www.ioyu.com/io/atari/reflex_editor.asp (work in progress)

Reason I need the editor is that I've built in a huffman decompression
routine using that extra ROM I freed up by optimizing my kernel (thanks
again guys).

The decoder was fun to build and it's quite a trip seeing a full level
render from only one byte of compressed ROM!  I definitely won't get that
kind of compression once the huffman table gets filled in, but it was still
cool.

One nice feature of the decompressor is that it will reflect X2 or X4 when
the data length of a level is 8 bytes or 4 bytes, respectively.

My ultimate goal with the online editor is to allow anyone to create and
save Reflex levels along with the designer's name, and then pick 50 (or
however many will fit) to be included in the final game.  Naturally,
attribution will be given in whatever documentation is included with the
game.  Naturally, I'll fill in the gaps if there aren't enough submissions.

I'm also planning to build an online level browser as well.

Ciao, everyone.
-Lee