Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It

Subject: Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 21 Sep 2004 15:57:52 -0000
> I fear I'll end up programming 20 separate games, one for each level... ;-)

Even back in the day, i thought that a Jumpman level editor would
be so cool...but then I thought about how difficult it would be to
have a friendly editor for all the enenmies and special board pieces...

Breaking up the project and divying up the work seems like a cool idea,
but given how it seems like everyone's projects always go in fits
and starts, and how difficult distance project management can be,
I'd be kind of worried...

  A program should follow the 'Law of Least Astonishment'. What is this law?
  It is simply that the program should always respond to the user in the way
  that astonishes him least.  --Tao of Programming,