Scroller Demo

Subject: Scroller Demo
From: Paul Slocum <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:17:51 -0600
I got inspired by Simon's demo posted on Atariage and some old C64 demo's I'd looked at recently, and I made this scroller demo for a show we're playing tomorrow. It bounces a giant logo around the screen using the playfield. The scrolling text at the top is Eckhard's code of course. I'm eventually going to write my own text scroller but don't have time now.

There's still a little room left for some music, and a lot of optimizations can be done.

The logo bouncer doesn't use the RAM as video memory (it's 26 lines, so that would require more than the Atari's got.) It generates the playfield data during the kernel, only requiring a few rolling buffers.

-paul