Re: [stella] LoopCart

Subject: Re: [stella] LoopCart
From: Aaron Bergstrom <Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:43:09 -0600
Paul

I loaded loopcart on to my CC2. Loop cart is really cool. I had fun just manipulating the different fields. I guess I'll have to read up on your sequencer kit to understand it better.

Aaron

Paul Slocum wrote:

I got the core sequencer working now for my new VCS music program which I'm calling the LoopCart. You can check out the binary, source, and rough manual here (and it's updated regularly):

http://www.qotile.net/temp/loopcart/

I'm shooting for a 4K ROM and so far it's going pretty well (still got 5 pages left). But if anyone wants to scour the source to try to free up more space, I'd be happy for any help. And it looks like I'll be using just about every single bit of the RAM. Lots of bytes in RAM are storing 3 separate values.

This program will make it a lot easier for people to compose 2600 music. Hopefully we'll end up with more people who are able to do music for games and demos.

Planned features:
- 8 measure loop sequencer
- can generate pretty much any Atari sound
- "high hat" rhythm module
- save/load your loops w/ the AtariVox
- some support for the AtariVox speech chip too
- tuning helper
- trip out mode
- display music as numeric data that can be used w/ my seqeuncer kit

-paul

Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://stella.biglist.com --~---------------------------------------------------------------- You are subscribed as: aaron.bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe, send email to: stella-unsub-95833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Or go to: http://stella.biglist.com/unsub/stella/aaron.bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx --~--