RE: [stella] incoming source

Subject: RE: [stella] incoming source
From: Thomas Boutell <boutell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:19:24 -0600 (CST)
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Neat random number generator.  I was curious how random the output could be,
so attached is a web page that shows the output of the routine.  I only
meant for it to be for personal use, but the routine was so short and sweet
that I ended up practicing some CSS junk on it and decided to share it. :)

-Lee
(Only tested in IE... sorry.)

Works just as well in firefox.

It looks like as soon as the same number comes up, the entire sequence
repeats. And I saw a repetition after only 128 values. So some bytes
must never come up. None of which matters if all you need is a reasonably
random-looking bit or two with a periodicity of at least 128, and I think you definitely have that in the rightmost bits at least. Very
nifty routine for 2600 purposes.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc. http://www.boutell.com/