RE: [stella] Jawbreaker disassembly

Subject: RE: [stella] Jawbreaker disassembly
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:14:10 -0500
Hi Thomas,

> Great! Thanks!

I hope it's accurate enough.

> That's really sad. Any idea why Atari did so?

This one was released by Tigervision. I don't know why they did this.

I went back through my ROMs and all the PAL versions I have didn't adjust
the speed. The [p1][!] version has it's colors adjusted. They also adjusted
the VBLANK_TIME and OVERSCAN_TIME. In the [!] version (the one I used) the
screen jumps when in the attract mode color cycling where the [p1][!]
version doesn't. They adjusted the VBLANK_TIME to 66 and the OVERSCAN_TIME
to 59 in this version.

> Have you tried to make a better PAL version?

No, I just went for an exact disassembly here.

To do this I think another routine would have to be used. Right now the MSB
is used to determine the frame rate so the value in the current routine
can't go over 15.

Take care,
Dennis