Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:51:42 -0500
Good morning,

On Mar 1, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Kirk Israel wrote:
> i'd be willing to do something like this...
> it sounds like it could be a bit like the editor I started for
> Eric Ball's Leprechaun... (sadly that program has been on hiatus for a
> while)
>
> http://alienbill.com/2600/lep/edit.html

Ooo, very cool, I hadn't seen that editor before.  Or if I did, my
brain pushed it out to make room for something else.  A web-based
editor that would pretty much allow everyone to participate would be
nice, even if you can't "paint" with it by dragging the mouse around to
place blocks.  Most (all?) of the standalone editors that have been
written so far are Windows based, which naturally excludes Mac and
Linux users.

> Al, I'm not sure if I ever got dasm working on my unix webhost, which
> is why my program just dumps the source code. Does atariage have a
> host that can run perl cgi (what I'm most comfortable in on the
> serverside) as well as dasm? (or do things need to be PHP to interface
> with the back end somehow?)

Well, I have several Linux servers at my disposal, will dasm work on
them?  If so, I can set you up with some space quickly.  :)

> Ideally, Manuel could make a one-level framework, just easy to insert
> a single a level into.  Even more ideally, we'd make some sort of
> VCS-displayable and human-copyable non-trivial checksum for the level
> that would only show up when they beat the level, proving that it is
> indeed solvable...

Ahhh, I hadn't even thought about the "proving a level is solvable"
aspect, I guess that's somewhat important!

  ..Al
Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!