Re: [stella] fingerprints

Subject: Re: [stella] fingerprints
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:05:18 -0500
Adam wrote:
> I'm looking for multi byte "fingerprints" that might identify and
> differentiate 2600, 5200, and 7800 ROM images.  So far, these are the
> "fingerprints" I've come up with for 2600 images.  I figure that it's
> highly likely that at least one of these fingerprints will be contained
> in 2600 rom images.  Can you think of other/more/better fingerprints
> for 2600s?  How about fingerprints for 5200 and 7800 roms?

I'd suggest using longer fingerprints like the stack initialization,
horizontal positioning, 48 pixel code etc. The are some variations,
but maybe some fuzzy logic would be helpful.

Or just take some typical ROMS for each system and "CloneSpy" them
against the ROMs you would like to identify.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |