Re: Rich's Alpha WAS: [stella] A new generation--offa stella list?

Subject: Re: Rich's Alpha WAS: [stella] A new generation--offa stella list?
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 03:31:02 -0400
Kirk wrote::
> Well, maybe not Thomas. I think he mighta been born guru.

I'll ask my mother. ;-)

> > 3. I'm sure it could benefit from the skipdraw algorithm, but I still
> > can't find an explanation that makes sense to me.  And am I better off
> > just having "upside-down" bitmaps instead of flipping them over in code?
>
> Damn, I thought I had worked up an explanation of skipdraw in the
cookbook...
> not that I did a great job of understanding it.

SkipDraw is probably pretty complicated for a newbie. But once you understand
it it's pretty easy to use.
BTW: "SwitchDraw" is even more complicated, but also even faster (especially
for mulitcolored sprites).

> > But what do you guys think of it so far?  I'm pretty happy with the
> > smooth control.
>
> It does feel pretty good!  It'd be nice to get 16 positions rather than 8.

Agreed.

> I'm still one of the dumbest guys here when it comes to 6502
> programming.

Mama says, I was born completely dumb. ;-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |