Re: [stella] Stella debugger minimum window size?

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella debugger minimum window size?
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:54:51 -0400
> I'm OK with this too, but I have a question - if we did use something
> smaller than 1024x768, would  scrollbars appear?

Not the way the code works now, no. You'd get an error message telling
you "No supported 1024x768 video modes" or similar, when you tried to
enter the debugger.

Allowing a smaller resolution and adding scrollbars is something we could
do, but it isn't just a matter of turning on an "allow scrollbars" flag:
we'd have to write code that checks to see if scrollbars are needed,
creates them, "connects" them to the scrollable area... then we'd have
to rewrite the draw() methods of classes that represent the scrollable
areas, to have them read the scrollbar positions and be able to only
draw part of their graphics...

So, for the 2.0 release, I'm going to have to say "no scrollbars".

...but don't think Stella 2.0 is the last version ever, or anything:
we plan to take a break after 2.0 comes out, then see what needs to be
done for the next relase. Steve's been working on this since February,
and I've been working on it for close to two months. We'd like to get
2.0 released, so you can all enjoy it, before we burn out :)

Er, so shall I put you down as a "Yes" for 1024x768, or does this change
your vote?

--
B.