Re: [stella] stella stopping

Subject: Re: [stella] stella stopping
From: xucaen <xucaen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 01:39:06 -0400
Hi, I'm a noob, and I'm experimenting trying to figure out how HMOVE works.
I've seen examples, and I've read page 8 of the Stella's Programming Guide,
but in my tests it doesn't seem to make sense. I'm writing a kernel that
does nothing but display and position a ball. My goal is to test everything
I can possibly do with a ball. I just read this message from the archives:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199709/msg00016.html.
It explains the part I figured out yesterday, namely setting the RESBL
during Vsync, then displaying the ball at the scanline where I want it. Now
I'm testing the fine tuning with HMBL and HMOVE. Where would be the place to
set HMBL and when to set HMOVE? Would those go in the VSync or the overscan?

Jim