RE: [stella] FlipDraw...

Subject: RE: [stella] FlipDraw...
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:06:04 -0400
More comments about Flipdraw and why it's nice:

1.  You do not need to set a pointer every time you move your sprite.
Actually, you only need to set it once.
2.  Graphics data need not be aligned carefully - no more worries about
wrapping page boundaries for the whole vertical range of the sprite.  As
long as the graphics data itself doesn't cross a page boundary, it will
work.
3.  If you aren't animating your sprites, I think you could use absolute
indexed addressing for your sprite data and save a cycle and two bytes of
RAM.