Re: [stella] compact send-only serial subroutine

Subject: Re: [stella] compact send-only serial subroutine
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:23:20 -0400
Hmmm.... TTL works for me, on every computer I have.

I've proved it too.  Make a cable the way I described, just two wires, no
funky electronics.  Run a PC serial comms program (such as hyperterminal) at
1200bps N81, no flow control.  Then turn on 2600 running attached .bin.

Yes, strictly speaking, 0v TTL is out of spec, but 2600 programmers say BAH!
to specs.  This actually does work on most serial ports without need for
charge pumps and the like.

>Thus, TTL logic with +5 to 0V signaling will not work.(reliabily.  You
>may get it to work a little, but not reliably.)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-zip which had a name of send.ZIP]