Re: [stella] Poor man's cart dumper

Subject: Re: [stella] Poor man's cart dumper
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 05:12:32 -0400
Fred, I was able to get this and your original
send.bin program working!  So as far as send-only, the
simple 2-wire cable looks like it may be pretty
reliable.  I'd like to hear from others who try it on
PDAs or older hardware.  My guess is that older serial
hardware might expect signals closer to spec.

However, one problem with your original send.bin
program is that I get a block of garbage before I
start to see the test string repeat.  When it starts
repeating it is very solid.  The 1200 baud timing
seems to work out just fine.

This problem does not happen with the cart dumper.

I think this has to do with the fact that the send
program immediately starts sending data right as the
program initializes whereas your cart dumper waits for
you to press game reset after swapping carts.

What do you think?