Re: Accessing current node attributes

Subject: Re: Accessing current node attributes
From: George Phillips <phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:04:57 -0700
Bart Schuller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 11:32:20AM -0700, George Phillips wrote:
> >   <xsl:template match="a[attribute(href)]">
> >     <A HREF="{.[attribute(href)]}">
> >     <xsl:value-of expr="." />
> >     </A>
> >   </xsl:template>
> >
> > But "{.[attribute(href)]}" doesn't get me the HREF attribute of the
> > current A node being processed.  Not that I expect it to as it is
>
> Use <A HREF="{attribute(href)}">

Thanks.  Sorry to ask such a dumb question.  Nevertheless, here's
another:  can I use <xml:if> to check for particular attribute values?
For example, one might write:

	<xsl:template match="a">
  	  <xsl:if test='attribute(href)="http://www.ibm.com/";'>
       	     <a-link-to-the-ibm-home-page/>
          </xsl:if>
        </xsl:template>

The XSL grammar and xt both agree that the example does not fly.
Can an "if" test like that be written?  I know you can use;

	<xsl:template match="a[attribute(href)='http://www.ibm.com/']">

but that doesn't pan out well if you are testing many different
attributes in different combinations.

			-- George