Re: doc() and docref() relative to source document

Subject: Re: doc() and docref() relative to source document
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:21:33 -0400
 James,

Can the file, 'bar.xml', be an independant file, with its own full XML and
doctype declarations? Can it comply with a different DTD? Or must it be a
dummy sort of a file with a slim XML declaration and no doctype declaration?

I was trying to think of a way of building a repository-type DTD that was
pretty slim and merely linked out to documents, that conformed with
different DTDs. I've built the DTD and thought that I'd build a big
stylesheet to take care of the markup from all DTDs. Will that work with
'docref'?

What happens if I store the pointer to my external documents as entities?
<!ENTITY somedoc SYSTEM "somedoc.xml" NDATA XML> . Must I store them as URIs
within an attribute of the reference element?

Thanks a lot,

Richard.

Richard Lander
relander at uwaterloo.ca