Re: Can XSL be used for code generation in Compilers?

Subject: Re: Can XSL be used for code generation in Compilers?
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:45:11 +0800
NO. Firstly, you can not represent the intermediary code of a 'any' compiler as a
XML document, but you can write a compiler that uses XML to represent the
intermediary code. If the XML structure is VERY carefully designed, it would
probably be possible to write XSL stylesheets to generate a CPU/Plattform specific
result tree, that a _specialized_ formatter would output to either Assembler text
or machine code.

But to me it sounds like crossing the river to get water...

Niclas