Do we all work on Sundays?

Subject: Do we all work on Sundays?
From: KAREN_LEICHEL@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:57:52 -0500
This is more of social question, but since Jon Bosak mentioned that XML/XSL in
it's full form could not be dominated by Microsoft, Netscape, Adobe, etc. He
presented it as having the potential to spark a social and economic revolution
of sorts in computer industry related systems.

I like that concept since I very much dislike having software choices made by
such things as, and I quote:

"Use Word to produce your printed books because everyone has it and everyone
knows it."

He left out that everyone (here, at least) that's ever used a real desktop
publisher also hates Word used that way.

So I'm doing a kind of small survey about the Sunday working issue.

If you care to share with me, and have the time, I'd like to know how often you
work on Sunday, why you work on Sunday and if it is overtime.

I'm here because I have a deadline on Tuesday and what I'm doing can only be
done with one computer at a time. So my contract person was here yesterday doing
it (link verification on the approximately 50,000 links in my book) and I am
here today, and he will continue tomorrow.

But one of the real reasons I'm here is because no one else is here. I have no
problems with my co-workers or managers, I just really can produce better
creative solutions when I am alone. I choose to work very late into the evenings
and on Sunday since everyone here does weekend overtime on Saturday. I think
it's a type of independence in my nature and maybe the ability to really
concentrate without interruption.

Of course, I also average 10 hours or more of overtime a week when a delivery is
this close, and sometimes for several months in advance. Since we are updating
every three months, I have hardly any time when I'm not doing overtime. I'm
actually very tired of it and just very tired because of it.

Thanks,
Karen Leichel