Re: following entity references

Subject: Re: following entity references
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:43:01 +0000 (GMT)
David Carlisle writes:
 > use one of the currently non standard hooks that the implementations
 > give you to write a `&' into the output, then you could write
 >
 > `&'<xsl:value-of select="entity"/>`;' into your output
 > which would give you &PO4501; then all you need to is append your
 > entity declarations from the DTD on the source document to the internal
 > (or external) subset of the DTD of the result tree

sorry, but i think thats verging on the unrealistic... I am better off
pre-processing the original. which I really didn't want to. Do you
want to reassure me that the XSL committee intends to solve this
problem? or am I not supposed to do this?

 >  and then the XML
 > processor handling the result tree will fill in the filename.

Even when "the XML processor handling the result tree" is LaTeX?

Sebastian