default-ns of the result doc different from the default-ns of the stylesheet?

Subject: default-ns of the result doc different from the default-ns of the stylesheet?
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:00:36 -0400
	I prefer not to have namespace prefixes cluttering up my elements,
both in writing stylesheets and in the results of my transformations.
Therefore, I'd prefer
<stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";>
and not use literal result elements. After all, the vast majority of the
tags in my stylesheet are XSL tags. However, I'd also like my result
document to look like
<foo xmlns="http://www.myclient.org/DTD/Foodocs/1.0";>
	<bar/><baz/>
</foo>

	I'm a version behind with XT, but I don't think that's my problem. I
think I need result-default-ns, or as James' editorial note (Issue
(result-ns))opines, an entirely different approach. Please chime in.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon
is unauthorized.